Safety at sites
The NPA works hard to make sure that all sites are safe for visitors. However, it is important for all visitors to take common sense precautions when visiting sites. Things to consider are:
- strong currents on beaches
- adequate food and water for hikes
- warm clothes for the summit of La Soufriere
- monitoring children who are in water
- sudden storms
- carefully managing cooking fires.
When you are visiting a site, please have a look at the site rules, available for each visitor site.
In an emergency
In the case of an emergency, call 911 (nine one one)
Police - 457 1211.
The Coast Guard - 457 4570.
National Emergency Management Organisation - 456 2975
Major emergencies and disasters
In the case of a major disaster, the NPA will work to coordinate emergency responses with other agencies. See our Disaster Plan for more information